Terms & Conditions
Acceptance of Terms
In these conditions the following terms shall have the following meanings:
we refers to Assemble Manufacturing Directory Limited
the website refers to the Assemble website (enter domain), the database, and the system upon which the site operates.
you refers to any individual using the site, whether to access information, contact other companies or add/edit their own company’s business details.
service refers collectively to any online facilities, tools, services or information that Assemble makes available through the website either now or in the future;
The Assemble service is provided, subject to the following conditions which may occasionally be updated without notice. You are advised to check these terms on a regular basis, as our terms and conditions of service may change.
By using the website either as a registered member, guest, or viewer, you demonstrate that you accept these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these conditions, please do not use or log in to the website.
Access to our Website
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our website without notice (see below). We will not be liable if, for any reason our site, is unavailable at any time or for any period. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Using the Website
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access this website through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
You cannot use the website for any unlawful purpose;
- to promote any illegal activity, violence or sexually explicit material
- to promote any form of discrimination
- to harm, threaten, defame abuse or harass another person
- in a way that invades someone's privacy or is (in our reasonable opinion) offensive or unacceptable
- to create, check, confirm, update or amend someone else's databases, records, directories, customer lists, mailing or prospecting lists;
- to provide any kind of customer lists or commercial information service;
- as a source of material or contact data for any kind of marketing activity;
- to tamper with, update or change any part of the website;
- in a way that affects how it is run;
- in a way that imposes an unreasonable burden on the website’s technical systems as determined by us; or
- using any automated means to monitor or copy the website or its content, or to interfere with or attempt to interfere with how the website works.
Adding your information to the Assemble website
By adding your company information to the website, you are granting permission for the data displayed on your company’s page (or in any attachments) to be shared with other users of the website.
Please choose carefully any information you post on the website, as it will be available for public viewing. By adding any material to the website you confirm that:
- your material is your own original work or you are authorised to provide it to the website;
- your material is not defamatory (that is, it does not damage someone's good reputation), does not take away or affect any other person's privacy rights, copyright, contract rights or any other rights, and does not otherwise break any laws of England and Wales; and that you have the right to give us permission to use it for the purposes specified above. You acknowledge that we do not have a duty to display any material you have provided.
We have the right to:
- reject or refuse to display any material you have provided;
- remove any material from the website, whether or not the material goes against any of these conditions; or
- restrict, suspend or stop your access to all or any part of the website at any time.
If you do not want to grant us the permission set out above on these terms, please do not add any information or material to the website.
Listing on Assemble
We can only permit one listing per company. Sister companies (or other companies within a group) may be added under a separate membership as long as they have a unique company name. If anyone creates a membership for a single company more than once we will remove all but the first listing.
All listings are for a 12 month period. The prices and the terms of payment for a listing and entry in the Assemble business directory are displayed at all times on this website, including the point where you choose to make a purchase.
The subscriber understands and agrees that upon purchasing a listing for their business, said listing will automatically renew on the date of expiration except where the subscriber notifies termination thereof to Assemble prior to the subscription's expiration date. In such cases, the renewal shall be performed in accordance with the manner of payment originally chosen by the subscriber, at the price rate of the original subscription. A listing for one company cannot be substituted for a listing for another.
Subscribers can cancel their subscription at any time by contacting us, with termination taking effect from the end of the validity period covered by the last annual payment made. For instances where a subscriber requires a listing to be removed immediately, please contact us. A refund for the remaining subscription period will not be offered. If a subscriber removes their listing within the 12 month period any reinstatement of the said listing will be charged at the price rate of the original subscription.
Please Note: Any hyperlinks to external websites included within paid for subscriptions will be non-indexable. To add other types of hyperlinks to the Assemble Directory, please contact us.
All members must be UK-based companies (ie businesses with headquarters in the United Kingdom). Any businesses that appear to be located outside the UK will have their details removed from the Assemble directory.
All members must be manufacturers or supply products or services to the engineering, manufacturing or construction sector.
We will not accept memberships from suppliers of marketing, advertising or promotional services.
We reserve the right to remove companies from the website if we feel that they do not meet the above criteria and at our discretion.
Your dealings with subscribers or Companies and any entity whatsoever as found through this Directory and this service are solely between you and such Company, Partnership or entity. You agree that we will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of such dealings or as the result of the presence of a listing on this website.
Emails & Telephone
You agree to be contacted only in relation to the service we have provided you via the email or telephone number provided at submission of your listing.
You agree to indemnify and hold Assemble, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Sites you submit, or make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the Terms and Conditions, or your violation of any rights of another.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You expressly understand and agree that:
- your use of the service is at your sole risk. We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchant ability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- we make no warranty that (i) the service will meet your requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free. (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, and (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations.
- no information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from the Assemble website or through the service shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the terms and conditions.
Limitation of Liability
You expressly understand and agree that we shall not be liable for any damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from (i) the use of the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; or (iv) any other matter relating to the service.
Use of the Assemble Member Logo
The Assemble logo and Member Logo are protected by copyright
On becoming a member of Assemble, subject to your compliance with your obligations under these Terms, we hereby grant to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, royalty-free licence to use the Assemble Member logo for the Permitted Purpose in accordance with the terms and conditions of these Terms for the Membership Year. For the avoidance of doubt, except for the limited rights granted to you in this Clause, we do not grant you any right whatsoever to use copy, edit, adapt, modify, amend, incorporate, publish, distribute, broadcast and/or exhibit the Assemble Member logo.
The Assemble Member logo can be downloaded by you from the members only Download Area of the Website.
The Assemble Member logo can be easily applied to any surface or material – glass, wood, plastic, paper and metals. It can also be applied to any digital, print or audio-visual media.
You hereby agree that:
- * (a) you shall only use the Assemble Member logo during your Membership Year;
- * (b) that it is a strict condition of use that all uses by you of the Collective Mark shall clearly indicate that it is a Collective Mark by using the term "Collective Mark" with each use of the Collective Mark;
- * (c) all uses by you of the Collective Mark shall be in compliance with our Brand & Mark Handbook;
- * (d) you shall not use the Assemble Member logo (or any part of it) for any use, event or purpose (whether directly or indirectly) which:
- * (i) violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, which is unlawful, offensive, obscene, defamatory, profane or otherwise objectionable, which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any law or is in breach of the privacy or any other rights of a third party or of any law;
- * (ii) would tend to allow them to become liable to misleading the public, or be materially detrimental to or inconsistent with our good name, goodwill, reputation and image;
- * (iii) would impair our rights in the Assemble Member logo (or any part of it); or
- * (iv) is commercial (i.e. promoting particular products and/or services), promotional and/or falsely suggests a client (or other business) affiliation/relationship with us;
- * (e) you shall discharge your obligations in connection with the use of the Assemble Member logo with all due skill, care and diligence and comply with any applicable laws, regulations and/or industry codes;
- * (f) you shall at all times (notwithstanding the termination of these Terms) be liable for, indemnify and hold us harmless (together with our officers, employees and agents) against all liabilities, actions, proceeds, costs, claims, damages and other expenses of any nature whatsoever incurred by, suffered by or awarded against us and compensation agreed by us in consequence of any breach or non-performance by you of any of your obligations under these Terms.
In the event that you exercise your limited right of sub-license to your creative media agency ("sub-licensee") for the sole purpose of creating the Promotional Copy:
- * (a) you shall ensure that your sub-licensees are subject to obligations, restrictions and conditions in respect of use of the Assemble Member logo, which are equivalent to the obligations, restrictions and conditions on you under these Terms;
- * (b) you shall be liable for the acts and omissions of your sub-licensees;
- * (c) you shall be held responsible and liable for the acts and omissions of your sub-licensees in relation to use of the Assemble Member logo;
- * (d) any breach of a sub-licence by your sub-licensees and/or any use of the Assemble Member logo by your sub-licensees in contravention of the obligations, restrictions and conditions imposed on you under these Terms shall be a breach by you of these Terms;
- * (e) you shall ensure that your sub-licensees do not obtain or retain any ownership of any Promotional Copy or other content or materials incorporating the Assemble Member logo (excluding rights in their own trademarks), including without limitation in the Assemble Member logo; and
- * (f) such sub-licence shall terminate automatically on the termination of these Terms for any reason and equivalent post-termination restrictions and obligations shall be imposed on your sub-licensees.
Assemble respects the intellectual property of others, and we expect our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been infringed or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide us with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright;
- a description of the infringed copyrighted work;
- a description of where the infringing material is located on the site;
- your address, email address, and telephone number;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Notice of claims of of copyright infringement should be sent via Certified Mail to:
Assemble Manufacturing Directory Limited
The Whole Agreement
These conditions make up the whole agreement between you and us in how you use the website. If a court decides that a condition is not valid, the rest of the conditions will still apply.
The laws of England and Wales apply to your use of the website and these conditions. We control the website from within the United Kingdom. However, you can get access to the website from other places around the world. Although these places may have different laws from the laws of England and Wales, by using the website you agree that the laws of England and Wales will apply to everything relating to you using the website and you agree to keep to these laws. We have the right to take you to court in the country you live in.